NaijaDonors is dedicated to empowering people to help people, and an overwhelming majority of campaigns on our platform are safe and legitimate. Fraudulent campaigns make up less than one tenth of one percent of all campaigns.
In the rare instances where people create campaigns with the intention to take advantage of others’ generosity, NaijaDonors takes swift action to resolve the issue.
Our policy is simple and strictly enforced: It is not permitted to lie or intentionally deceive donors to a NaijaDonors campaign for financial or personal gain.
The following are examples of expressly forbidden fraudulent activity:
- Breaking the law
- Lying or being misleading about your identity as a campaign organizer or your relationship to the beneficiary of the funds
- Posting misleading statements in the campaign description
- Not delivering funds to the stated beneficiary
- Not using funds for their stated purpose
The following are examples of situations that are not considered fraudulent on our platform:
- Rumors or speculation of fraud
- Requesting that your name or image be removed from a campaign description
- Disagreeing with the nature of the campaign or the character of the campaign organizer
- Custody or familial disputes or disagreements
You can easily report a campaign by clicking on the report link right on the campaign page.
NaijaDonors cooperates with law enforcement and provides them with any information needed in an investigation. If you are a law enforcement officer looking to contact our team, please click here to submit a subpoena.
If you are a donor or a campaign beneficiary who is concerned you were a victim of fraud on NaijaDonors, please click here to contact us with your complaint.